Copyright © 1994 to 2016
DEMISE 1.01 Release Notes
- The Map Area spell will now correctly flag squares that were mapped as having been visited.
- Random teleporters and teleporter traps will no longer be able to teleport you into a square that you normally can't enter (like colomn squares)
- When visiting Lord Gherrick after completing the Ogre Lord quest, he will no longer look at the sword and hand it back to you if it's not already in your inventory.
- Tombstone for Finger's tomb on level 29 will no longer display the message twice.
- Items that regen HP or Mana will now actually regen when they are equipped. Beware though that this also applies to certain items that also remove HP in exchange for mana.
- All mana regenerators on levels 2 & 3 now work correctly, even when using magical flight.
- Character files should no longer become bloated.
- Several small spelling problems.
- All monsters can now spawn. This includes the Shadow Ninja, Reaper of Death, Devil Prince, and many more.
- Morgoth has a chance of dropping the Dagger of She'tal.
- Giant King now has a chance of dropping the Giant King's Maul
- Lumarian High Priestess now has a chance of dropping the Lumarian Crown.
- Diamond of Gernali now drops off Villians.
- Respawn rates of several monsters were tweaked to make them appear more often, such as the Kyu Nardana.
- Respawn rate for multi-player games was dramatically increased when lots of people are online. If there is only one person on the server though, the regen rate will be roughly the same as before. Note though that this does not apply to certain rooms which have a specific respawn rate.
- A couple new gravestone messages added for freshly dug graves.
Music will now play from MP3 files. The original Demise music is included and can be found in the 'System\Demise\Music' folder.
If you choose, you can add your own music to play. To do this:
- Name your music file "Track#.MP3" where the # is a unique number. The original music is tracks 1-7.
- Edit the 'System\Demise\CDMusic.txt' file and add your track # to the list.
- "CITY" is the list of tracks that will play while in the city
- "DUNG" is the list of tracks that will play while in the dungeon
- "RAND=1" means the tracks will play in random order. Changing it to "RAND=0" will make the tracks play in the listed order.
Wednesday, 29 March 2017 01:07 am